Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a really lovely thanksgiving yesterday. We definitely did. We relaxed all morning. We called Mimi (my mom) to say Happy Thanksgiving and Grandma (his mom) to say Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday (I hope you had a great birthday, Mom!). Grandma wanted a picture so we took one while James and I still weren't looking super awesome.

Josie is making that face because she's trying to see her cute little piggie tails.
She loved them and kept asking me to fix them every time they got messed up.

Me and my cute little kitchen helper started prepping and cooking around 10am.
Elbow deep under the skin. I slathered it in a rosemary garlic compound butter that Josie helped me make.



It was my first time making a full sized turkey. I was pretty worried but it was one of the most juicy turkeys I've ever had.
We had stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, warm rolls & butter.



It was well worth the hours in the kitchen and the extra few pounds!
We had a great day together as a family, and a great meal with our good friend Derek. Nothing is more adorable than listening to two grown men watching football, talking about Josie "pee-peeing in the potty".  We missed our family & friends that couldn't be here, but it was still a really great day. Hope everyone had a very happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment